Under A Magic Moon

We are all Travelers in this Universe

Here is a list of fun questions that will help us get to know each other better and find all our connections in the Universe.

If you had been able to name yourself at birth, what would be your name?
What did you want to be when you 'grew up'?
What color are your eyes?
If you could be a wild animal, what would you be?
If you could go any where in time and live then, when would it be?
What three things would you take to a deserted island?
What is your favorite book?
Who is your hero?
What is the best thing about yourself?
Why do you think people hate?
When did you first question the deeper mysteries of the Universe?
Where is your 'heaven'?

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maya is a beautiful name, you look like a Maya.
Tigers are the only cats of the big cats that likes water. Pretty cool answer.
World Atlas....cool...I have a fascination with maps myself.
If you had been able to name yourself at birth, what would be your name? I've actually begun to like the name I was given. I couldn't think of anything else that would suit me - maybe Serenity Rain but my Mom would have never gone for that :)
What did you want to be when you 'grew up'? Depends on when you asked me...I went through phases...from secretary, to accountant to CEO to stewardess...still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up **maybe something in interior decorating ;)
What color are your eyes? Green
If you could be a wild animal, what would you be?I would have to be ummm...hmmm...that's a tough one! I'd say a horse because they don't get hunted by humans...hahaah
If you could go any where in time and live then, when would it be? During the 60's...from what I hear :-)
What three things would you take to a deserted island?A year supply of food/water/alcohol, a year supply of SOS making material for rescue, and my husband.
What is your favorite book?"I'll Love You Forever"
Who is your hero?My Sister Kim, (RIP)
What is the best thing about yourself?My compassion/empathy
Why do you think people hate?They don't know how to control their emotions and they aren't having positive, mature, honest, self-reflecting internal conversations with themselves. And they've forgotten their connection...
When did you first question the deeper mysteries of the Universe? When I was 23 years old. My eyes opened a little more each day...they are still opening...
Where is your 'heaven'? I'll know "heaven" when I get there I guess...but if you mean what is my "euphoric" place here on earth it would have to be in the arms of my loved ones...
"Why do you think people hate?
They don't know how to control their emotions and they aren't having positive, mature, honest, self-reflecting internal conversations with themselves. And they've forgotten their connection..."

awesome answer...
Ah... I usually don't answer these things, they seem so ridiculous. But just for (you), this one time, I will... ~breathe~

1. I would have been Kathryne Annette.

2. The first time I answered that question, (in fourth grade) I wanted to be a "trucker"; then I came to my senses and wanted to become a "Brain Surgeon". The reality is FAR different.

3. My eyes are (dark) brown.

4. My first totem animal was the Black Panther (Panthera Panthera), now I relate far more closely to a "lone she-wolf".

5. I love the idea of time travel and play this game often with my kids... they aren't as "up" on history, so that makes it a little more amusing. Right in this moment, I think the early 1890's would be neat.

6. The desert island... RUM. Okay... rum, a (small) collection of books; Anne Rice's witch series, J.K.Rowling's Harry Potter series, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and probably Bram Stoker's Dracula... (is it terribly obvious I'm a goth-girl at heart?!) And the last "item" would have to be my "traveling trunk" which is a lot like a "bag of holding" from D&D days... ;) Can't be without too much, now...

7. I can't have ONE favorite book. See the "short" list above...

8. I'm not sure that I have a hero... I would like to be the hero; for my kids and myself... to know that I can stand up and "defend" us, what is right, and the whole personal strength thing.

9. The best thing about me?! I'll have to dig deep, and get back to you on that one.

10. (People) hate because of insecurity, and self-loathing... you cannot like/love that which you do not possess. And you cannot possess that which you do not seek.

11. I first questioned the Universe and all manner of spirituality very shortly after my parents split up in 1979. Made for really interesting 80's...

12. My "heaven" is somewhere on this plane, with my children, and my dog... and me with a physically fit/healthy/functional corporeal self. (I'd just like to be able to enjoy myself with my kids and my dog... and not so frequently be in such pain...)
I really like your answer to #8
If you had been able to name yourself at birth, what would be your name? I think probably Emily.

What did you want to be when you 'grew up'? A vet, an undertaker, or a clinical psychologist.

What color are your eyes? hazel green

If you could be a wild animal, what would you be? I'm really not sure. Maybe a snake or a lizard or a bird of prey.

If you could go any where in time and live then, when would it be? US Civil War, the 1920's/30s, possibly the middle ages. Again, not sure.

What three things would you take to a deserted island? A journal, a sketchbook, and drawing/writing tools.

What is your favorite book? There are too many to name, but Watership Down by Richard Adams is way up there.

Who is your hero? One of them is Joseph Campbell.

What is the best thing about yourself? I think my sharpness of mind. (Now, if only I could access it when I need it...)

Why do you think people hate? Fear and ignorance.

When did you first question the deeper mysteries of the Universe? Before I was 10 years old.

Where is your 'heaven'? That is a good question. The best I can say is that it is somewhere "Between the Worlds."
"Who is your hero? One of them is Joseph Campbell."
Indeed.
Your last answer is wonderful as well. Nice place to be.
Yeah. If I could meet just ONE PERSON, alive or dead, it would be Dr. Campbell. :)

Jen
If you had been able to name yourself at birth, what would be your name? When I was very little, I wanted to be named "Katie". I had this persona, "Katie Wilderness", that I signed on pictures I colored. Looking back, I was very much into survival skills - plant ID, food gathering, fishing, first aid, concealment, camping, fire tending - from as early as I remember.
What did you want to be when you 'grew up'? I wanted to be a nurse or a teacher. It was the Fifties.
What color are your eyes? Mostly blue.
If you could be a wild animal, what would you be? Horse, elk, or weasel.
If you could go any where in time and live then, when would it be? Comfortably? 1920 - 1940. Primitively? Mongolia (Siberia, south to Silk Road, and across to the east) about 2000-3000 yrs ago.
What three things would you take to a deserted island? Knife, cup, black plastic tarp.
What is your favorite book? Lord of the Rings (I still have my paperback set from 1968).
Who is your hero? Other than myself? lol
What is the best thing about yourself? After the last question, you aren't going to believe that it's my capacity for putting the needs of others ahead of myself.....
Why do you think people hate? Fear, ignorance, and the safety of adhering to your own comfort zone.
When did you first question the deeper mysteries of the Universe? As I matured past childhood.
Where is your 'heaven'? Manastash Ridge in Washington state.
Wow--well, as a newcomer to the group, I'm very late into this discussion, but might as well plunge in somewhere!

If you had been able to name yourself at birth, what would be your name? I go by my middle name, "Elizabeth/Liz" because I have always disliked my first name since childhood.

What did you want to be when you 'grew up'? Too many choices: age 61, and still trying to decide that one! ;-)

What color are your eyes? Blue as a child, as I've aged, they turned green :-(

If you could be a wild animal, what would you be? Don't know which one I'd be, necessarily, but I'm very drawn to wolves and the big cats and horses. Oh, and dolphins. Perhaps I'd be a fantasy animal.

If you could go any where in time and live then, when would it be? Umm...probably the horse-and-buggy era..the age of manners...then again, maybe the future, with Captain Piccard! ;-)

What three things would you take to a deserted island? Wow...toughie. Most of the sensible items have already been mentioned. ... um... I guess I'd add to the books, never go anywhere without my 'Swiss Army' knife, and .. gee.. sunscreen!

What is your favorite book? Oh, I can only pick one? Gosh.. I don't think I can do that. I've read everything from Michener to Anne McCaffrey and Lillian Jackson Braun.

Who is your hero? I don't really have one.

What is the best thing about yourself? I love to laugh, make jokes, bad puns, act goofy and have fun! I loved doing improv comedy performances (which I miss, because there is no group where I now live).

Why do you think people hate? Ignorance.

When did you first question the deeper mysteries of the Universe? Probably about the time I got preggo with my first child as a result of playing "Pope's roulette." At that point, became disgusted with churches of any stripe, and the rest followed.

Where is your 'heaven'? I don't really believe in the concept, per se, but the most 'heavenly places' to be, for me, are in the redwoods, the mountains, by a crashing waterfall or babbling brook or on the beach. I'd not want to live where either were too far to reach.

And that's 'me' in a nutshell. So I guess I'm a nut...because they say, whatever fits in a nutshell, probably belongs there! LOL
Big Cats & Horses, Captain Piccard and Anne McCaffrey! My kind of woman!
Michener is always a good read...

And welcome to the Bowl (....of nuts)

RSS

© 2017   Created by Lunar Mystic.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service